Today, customers just expect video content, and we know it’s important, but why?
We are physically hardwired to respond to movement, intonation, pitch of voices. And the combination of the auditory and visual channel is very powerful. Together, all of these things create strong emotional connections and high levels of video engagement. These things are much stronger than boring text and static images.
So if you’ve been asking the question: “Why use video marketing?”,
Here are 10 Powerful B2B Video Marketing Statistics:
- The human brain processes visual 60,000 times faster than text.
- Cisco predicts that by 2021, video will make up more than 82% of internet traffic.
- 75% of executives told Forbes Magazine that they watch work-related videos at least once a week, and 65% of those executives will visit the marketer’s website after watching their video.
- According to Kissmetrics, visitors who watch a video stay on websites twice as long, and view twice as many webpages, compared with sites without video.
- Adding video to your social media mix means that audiences are 10 times more likely to engage with and share your posts.
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best return on investment.
- 70% of B2B marketers say video is the most effective medium for driving conversions.
- The average cost for a video marketing-generated lead is 19% lower when compared to companies who don’t use video.
- 51% of executives under 40 said they’ve made a business-related purchase after viewing a business-related video.
- Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80%.
So, what is the key idea to take away from this? Well, it actually has nothing to do with the question “why use video marketing?” It has to do with the nature of selling.
The nature of selling everything has changed drastically in the last 15 years.
Today, customers complete more than 60% of their buying journey digitally, without needing to speak with a salesperson. This is because today’s buyers are so informed by content on the web. Video is leading this change.
As a result, they delay speaking with a salesperson directly and are influenced by the effectiveness of a video content journey to both hold their attention and guide them to complete the buying process.
How does a business today deal with this new reality? Video.
If you’re considering using video in your marketing, let’s chat about making purposeful video content for you.